Westwood Outdoors was created by Andrew and Carole Westwood in order to provide a site where people can find information on paddling techniques, tips and ideas all pertaining to kayaking and canoeing. Our River Notes page highlights recent articles, new instructional concepts, and paddling techniques.
The information stated on this site is designed as a general guide and not a substitute for experience. (more…)
No complaints here about the weather we had over the summer. It will be hard to beat!
Andrew and I have been fairly busy but are now starting to spend time catching up with life. Quick synopsis of the summer:
- Paddle Canada’s New Canoe Instructor Courses get underway (story coming soon)
- Andrew gets knee surgery and recovers enough to paddle in the ACA Nationals – with great results (more later including my “recovery” races – and yes there are medals)
- Vacationing on Les Iles de la Madeleine
- Great courses given for MKC, and for the YMCCC
- Visitors from Canad.be Belgium
- Meeting wonderful people along the way!
And now looking forward to good fall paddling on the Moose and Independance next month!